Friday 13 August 2010

Zinester Interview 05

Zinester Interview 05
MixTape is produced by Justine Telfer and Nichola Prested
Design: Simon Telfer @ Motor, Australia

Justine Telfer responds:
How would you describe your zine?
MixTape
is a craft maga(ZINE) about making time for the small things!
MixTape is a collision of craft, eco-cool and pop culture kitsch.

What can your zine do that a mainstream publication can't?

I can publish anything I want - I am not dictated to by
hierarchy or trends.


Does the look of a zine matter?
Yes, I think it does! Mind you I live with a graphic designer (my husband).
It's got to look good but also have great content.

Please recommend a zine for us and tell us why.
I love pretty much everything by Gracia & Louise:www.gracialouise.com/zines.html
Lovely chicks who produce awesome zines.